What does Saturday night mean? Awesome shoes of course! Today, we sat down with Jodie Fox from Shoes of Prey to hear how she juggles an hugely successful business and a healthy lifestyle.
Talk us through a day in the life of Jodie Fox – start / finish and everything in between.
- Work out, first thing in the morning, 3 mornings a week. No excuses!
- Scour press.
- Review fashion trends and send relevant inspiration and resulting ideas (sketches etc) to product team.
- Review fashion retail updates and share relevant changes to marketing team.
- Pitch stories.
- Do interviews.
- Most weeks I’ll have a photo shoot or speak at an event.
- Answer emails.
- Meetings, meetings, meetings.
- Work on business development ideas/proposal
Day on a plate- breakfast/ snacks and lunch and everything in between.
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice with warm water
- Green or red juice that I make at home
- Homemade muesli (oats, seeds nuts) with almond milk
- Lady grey tea to sip on while I work
- A banana snack before lunch
- Salad and chicken/fish, or sushi
- This is where I derail into chocolate afternoon snacks!!
- Dinner is normally light – soup or salad followed by a sweet treat… normally Messina gelato, salted caramel.
Are you creative in the kitchen / or do you enjoy simple dishes?
I think that simple dishes are probably where my cooking is best and my time can best accommodate. I love using fresh, quality ingredients that really speak for themselves. My favourite quick dish is homemade pasta with a basic passata made from tomatoes and basil in my garden, garlic from my Nonno’s garden, extra virgin olive oil and rock salt.
Since shoes and style on your feet is your specialty, what are you favourite runners and fitness leisure shoes?
My favourite runners are Nike frees and my favourite fitness/leisure shoes are my Isabel Marant Beckkets. Though, no fitness is happening in those shoes!
How do you keep fit and healthy?
At the moment I do a combination of Barre Body classes and yoga. I did have a personal trainer but he has had to move, so I am on the hunt for a new one to keep me pushing my limits!
Do you have a regular exercise regime?
Absolutely. I train at least 3 times a week. 2 of those sessions are toning and one is an intense cardio work out. I then do yoga at home, but that’s more about stretching and decompressing my brain.
What’s your guilty pleasure?
Messina gelato, Maggie Beer ice cream in burnt fig or chocolate and salted caramel and Pat and Sticks double chocolate ice cream sandwiches.
What drives your motivation and inspires you?
For better or worse, I am constantly looking to prove myself to myself. That’s my motivation. In terms of inspiration – It comes from everywhere. I am happy to say that even the smallest moments can move me giving me endless cause to be inspired in what I am doing.
As an inspiring business woman, what are your top 3 tips to achieving success, staying grounded and maintaining a balanced lifestyle (3 of each please)?
– Do everything before you are ready.
– Just make a decision and see what happens.
– Believe passionately in what you are doing.
– Make sure you have emotional support all around you.
– Remember that everyone fails on the way to success.
– Just take one step at a time and you’ll find the answer.
– Love what you do and be happy.
– Your work should be life enhancing.
– Give your brain time to digest – That’s when great ideas happen.